<- Back to news
QA Superintendent – R&D Officer
QA SUPERINTENDENT – R&D OFFICER
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Overseeing and assisting in the preparation, maintenance and updating of Quality Manuals and procedures for all departments, functions, activities and processes.
- Planning and Organization of all Quality Audits of the Quality Management System elements, procedures and work instructions in all departments including product/services, activities and processes.
- Assessing the product specifications of the company and its suppliers, and comparing with customer requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with national and international standards and legislation.
- Identifying relevant quality-related training needs and delivering training.
- Supervising technical staff in carrying out tests and checks.
- Assist in the determination of customer requirements and expectation with respect to customer satisfaction, and ensuring the promotion of awareness of these customer requirements throughout the organization.
- Set KPIs of subordinates and access accordingly.
- Any other related duties that may be assigned by your Manager.
Research and Development
- To research and develop analysis on new Film products, which includes film such as PP, MPP, CPP and film requiring 3- layer structures.
- To source resins of an appropriate nature to match new packaging machines coming into the industry.
- Follow through with new customers/products with high efficiencies and quality improvements.
- Assist quality in setting standards throughout the plant: Moulding, Extrusion, Printing and Conversion.
- Develop new products to monetize pouch machine and bag-on-roll machine.
- Research new packaging machinery and workability through customer visits. (Export & Local).
- Co-ordinate and analyse all technical data sheet and refer relevant information to assigned heads of department.
- To follow-up with down stream projects, which have been targeted, to add value.
Academic / Technical:
- Bachelors degree (B. Sc.) from an accredited university or equivalent.
- ASQ, CMQ/OE (Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence)
- Certified training in Quality Management Principles, Tools and Techniques (particularly Root Cause Analysis).
- Certification in Business Management (e.g. diploma)
- Certified competence in Quality Auditing (e.g. Internal Auditing)
- Certified training (e.g., stand-alone course, course as part of a degree) in business communication.
- Certified training (e.g. stand-alone course, course as part of a degree) in the use of statistical tools and techniques.
- Experience in customer satisfaction measurement system design and implementation.
- Certified competence in computer software.
- Over ten (10) years experience in a similar field.
P.O Box 600,
11th Floor, TATIL Building,
Maraval Road, Port of Spain.
E-Mail: [email protected]